A Place To Connect!
Located in Tomball, Texas
From the Vine Ministries' purpose is to encourage, refresh and empower women with wisdom, Christian scripture, and resources to be the best moms, wives and women that God has called us to be!
When the world is too fast and its measurements of success are set way too high, we provide an environment for ladies to believe in themselves and feel worthy enough, living life abundantly!
Who we are and how it all began:
When I was a young mother, I would see older mothers with their grown children and believe that they had everything perfectly “figured out” in their lives. Meanwhile, my three young kiddos were antsy and distracted in the grocery store, with me trying to get them to keep one hand on my shopping cart. I was convinced I was failing my role as a mother, and it wasn’t until I had a close group of older moms who had “been there, done that” to sit down with and talk to…that I was able to realize I was doing everything correctly, I was not losing control, and everything was going to be fine. (I still talk to those precious women today!)
I took that mentorship experience I received from those ladies, and over the years I created my own ladies’ groups, gathering people in my living room or a favorite local coffee shop, and allowing them to kick off their shoes, grab a cup of coffee, and talk to each other in a comfortable environment…sharing their concerns and experiences in a safe place.
The Vineyard is the current evolution of this. It is a place where people can gather, be seen, and just talk, helping each other; thus, a venue for letting people know it is going to be okay when their world feels like it’s falling apart.
Whether you are hurting, lonely, stressed out, and need somebody who has been there before to tell you what to do, the Vineyard is meant to connect you to other people who know exactly what you are going through…and will help you without any judgment or eyerolls.
We have brought together:
- Ladies needing friends
- Parents/Single Moms
- People grieving the loss of a loved one
- People too stressed to function every day
- High schoolers worried about graduating or choosing their next step in life
- Middle schoolers looking for the right friends
- Adopted children and adults looking for others who “get” them
- And other groups
Our regular groups are formed and based on the current needs of the people who are involved with the Vineyard. If you don’t think you fit in, we will find the right people just for you. We do it all the time!
Our mission is to be the people God calls us to be, reaching out to find the people who need a guiding hand, and using past experiences to lift each other up. We want to love on you because that is what we are called to do…regardless if you think you deserve it or not.
The Vineyard is NOT a church:
- We are not a large organization. The Vineyard is a small house in a grassy field surrounded by gorgeous oak trees, run by normal people who feel called by God to reach out and find others seeking guidance. We chose a small place away from the rest of the world so people can sit down, breathe, and “rest.”
The Vineyard is NOT a Bible study:
- Our goal is not to sit people down with a structured devotional and work through the Bible. Our mission is to “show what Jesus looks like in our homes and lives”…helping others as they learn more about Him and scripture. We all use our own stories and experiences as we wish someone would have done so for us. Our priority lies in the people sitting around a table looking for help and showing them how God is guiding our lives and giving us the answers to our everyday problems. We do have additional Bible studies available, but that is not “what we do.”
The Vineyard is NOT a formal place:
- We bring neighbors, friends, and strangers together and chat while watching birds under a tree. We will host a get-together, dinner, or potluck with zero expectations from you: we are here for you.
The Vineyard is NOT a missionary group:
- Religious affiliation is never a requirement in our eyes. Denominations, politics, and personal beliefs are left at the door. We are here for your story and your worry, regardless of where you come from or your faith experience.
Our name is based on this verse:
“I am the Vine; you are the branches. If you remain in Me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
Because nowhere in the Bible does it ever say we are to go through life alone.
God is meant to be in all of our lives, and He does this through us as we meet each other and build each other up.
"Be Nurtured. Be Pruned. Be Fruitful."
If you are a woman or girl seeking answers, healing, counseling, direction, support or just need to hear someone else’s story, join us at our Tomball, TX location.