16718 Huffmeister Rd.
Senior to Senior Luncheon
The Vineyard is partnering with Park Creek Adult Living Center for a series of luncheons where senior residents have the opportunity to talk and interact with "senior" young adults - ages 17-22. The luncheon will have guided discussion with questions like:
- What was the best advice your mother ever gave you?
- What has been the hardest thing you've had to go through this year?
- What is something great about technology? What is NOT great about technology?
- If you could change one thing in the world right now, what would it be?
- What was one of your favorite memories from childhood?
- Describe your best friend and tell why they are your best friend.
Too often, there is a disconnect between these two age groups, as both struggle to understand and relate to the other. Conversations, if they happen at all, can be awkward and superficial. These luncheons are a way to bridge that gap in some small way.
We are looking for 20 "senior" young adults who would like to extend and receive deeper understanding with the older generations. Please encourage any young adults you know in this age range to consider being a part of this outreach!
A donation of $15 or more is requested, which will go toward From The Vine Ministries' capital campaign to purchase new property that will allow us to host events like this in the future. Please Register so we know you are coming!
We are also looking for sponsors for young adults who cannot donate. Please call Cyndy at 281-413-3256 or Email if you would like to sponsor.
Director: Cyndy Gusler